Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Week's Alcohol Consumption: A Tale of Near Dissipation

It is a good thing I don't have children because they would, if this last week is anything to go by, be standing outside of various bars and begging me not to spend my pay cheque on the Devil's Brew. But I don't have children, so all I have to worry about is the near-poisonous feeling of having drank too much alcohol.

Last week's alcohol consumption goes as follows:

Monday: At Peake's with Erin. Matt joins us later. Two P.A. Porters consumed. Left town at 10.00, home just before 11.00.

Tuesday: Run into Holly at work. Am invited to join her and Matt at Michael's. Consume two martinis and eat dinner. Then we go to Peake's where I have a "Sessions" lager. Leave about 10.00, home just before 11.00.

Wednesday: After acting class I go to dinner with Jace. One martini consumed. Leave town just after 9.00, home just before 10.00.

Thursday: Because of the snow, the evening's plans are cancelled. I'm home by 1.30 in the afternoon. Consumed, one cocktail whose name I can't recall.

Friday: Impromptu gathering at Michael's with Matt, Teresa, Darcy and Mike. Consumed two paisley martinis. Later we go to Peake's where I have another P.A. Porter. Leave town around 11.45 while the others head off to Crazy Fish for another pint.

Saturday: Snowed in. Consumed two cocktails: an Inca and a Thistle.

Sunday: I'm planning not to have any alcohol tonight. The thought of a cocktail is rather stomach turning at the moment.