In Which I Dream and I Am Dreamt Of
A Summary of last night's dream:
I was, as I usually am in my dream, pursued by shadowy people who intended me no good. My black silk scarf, certain Devoted Readers will know of what I speak as they have seen this particular scarf, had woven within its fabric coded thread or one of the Chinese characters was altered slightly to form the key to a code (apparently it could have been both). These pursuers were after my scarf and were determined to get it.
The scene of my pursuit was a shopping mall, which is unusual since I loath shopping malls. This shopping mall had a basis in reality as it was the mall I used to go to when I was in high school in San Antonio. I haven't thought about that mall in year ... and here it turns up in my dream. At any rate, I was being pursued and trying to dodge these people and keep the scarf safely within my possession. At some point I bought a black silk scarf which looked similar to mine, laid it out full length on the floor and managed to escape out a side door while my pursuers were engaged in examining the decoy scarf.
I found a woman waiting for me in the parking lot. She was driving some mid '70s huge car which was in so-so condition. The only problem was the car could only go in reverse, so we entered the traffic stream in the proper direction, only the car was going backwards. Oddly enough, while I was sitting in the driver's seat, the woman controlled the car from the front passenger seat.
We stopped at some trinket stand where the woman began examining beaded necklaces and bracelets. I had only a mild interest in this until I realized that one of the carved beads of one of the necklaces was part of the code. At this point the alarm rang.
Yesterday, before heading home in the early snowfall, I went to visit my friend Jeanette and puruse her garage sale. She told me about a dream she had of me the night before: I was living in Portland and working as an actor. She and her husband had come down for a visit and found me working on a film. Apparently I was a very well-known actor about town and in the course of her dream people were always stopping me to say hello or ask for my autograph.

<< Home