Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Some Hits

Thanks to Google, this blog-o-roonie gets a lot of hits in any given the day. The average lately has been ten hits in a day and the record has been 34 hits in a day. With search engines such as Google, people can access More Chains Than Clank in numerous ways ... there are still plenty of searches for Edward Gorey, Coccinelle and Thomas B. Mosher, but some of the hits are absolutely mystifying.

For example, take this hit from yesterday:

Piano manufactured by Schroeder Bros. in New York.

or:

Beautiful touching Archies greeting for free on birthday for friend. (huh?)

I am perplexed!

Here are some more:

Novel 1909 newspaper reporter paper bag tycoon. (paper bag tycoon?)

Chinese princesses 1900s.

Poe at his conjurations. (my personal favourite!)

Eliot ninth wave. (someone's confusing T.S. Eliot with Alfred, Lord Tennyson)

The Roonies song lyrics. (The Roonies?)

Carrie Bradshaw wearing button badge.

Grain enjoyed by aristocratic moose. (I suspect I'd rather not know.)