Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Ghost Town

The stories I've been hearing about ruined coffees from the IBB are not good. Mochas without chocolate, burned shots, screwed up orders all served up with the winning personality (i.e. patently phony sincerity) of "The Manager." The former hive of activity that was the IBB has turned into a slow, dull trickle of customers and the regulars have all gone away. And it's not a case of the regulars saying "It's Amanda or Kirsten or no one!" I'd be happy to try the other baristas, but when are they working? I only ever see "The Manager" sitting in the front window reading a paper.

On the other hand, the OCH is working out just fine for me. The seating is comfortable, in fact I've nearly fallen asleep on the couch, and if the staff isn't over friendly, they're not unpleasant or faking sincerity.

Quotable: overheard, a seven year old loudly complaining: "My legs hurt. I've been standing around for two hours!"