Descent of the IBB
I've been avoiding the IBB, where the Elite Used to Meet, ever since that utter tool of a "Manager" took over. I never like dhim to begin with, but after he ruined my Americano I transferred my coffee aleigance to the OCH with their plush seats and relaxing atmosphere. But I hear stories about how dreadful the coffee "The Manager" makes is ... mochas without chocolate, burnt shots, completely screwed up drinks. But tell me, isn't drip coffee the easiest thing to make? Surely it is. But not, apparently, for "The Manager" who managed to make drip coffee that, according to my source, "looked like tea." I mean, really. How do you bungle drip coffee?
IBB is, as I've said, no longer the hive of activity it once was. Their sales must be way down this last week. All the regulars have flown. It's really sad.
Quotable: "I'm a writer, not a reader."
Okeh, granted this was not spoken by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Amy Tan or Paul Auster so I should cut this chap a bit of slack. But still ... I am mistaken in pre-supposing that being a writer means being a reader? I suspect not.

<< Home