I'm Her Favourite
And so, the coast being clear, I returned to the IBB. As much as the OCH had to offer, the coffee wasn't all that good and while the seating was spacious and exceedingly comfortable, it was just a little too quiet. The IBB is no longer the place where the Elite Meet, thanks to the tool of a "Manager" who has put a serious dent in their business, but it still has a certain cache.
Besides, Martha and Rachel are fun. Martha insisted on re-doing the shots for my Americano. "I want to get this right for you Paul, because you're a special customer." She knows how to get to me ... and she makes good coffee. The other morning Rachel was being pestered by some guy who insisted on her telling him who her favourite customers were. "I don't play favorites," she said. He persisted(he was trying to find out when she'd give him free coffees) and she replied "Paul is my favourite!" The next guy up started out with "Hello, gorgeous!" Rachel rolled her eyes in exasperation. Then he followed up by telling us about his seizures and the meds he was taking for them. You really do have to wonder.
Adventures In Dentistry
I'm practicing saying, like Fats Waller, "I'm so glad that's over with!" This afternoon I had more work done on the root canal. I was under the impression that today I would get the post and crown installed, but instead there was clean-up of the first stage of the root canal. I really couldn't tell you just what they were doing except it involved a clamp or two, a variety of needles and a rubber dental dam. At one point the dentist fired up a small torch and heated up some kind of dental tool, the application of which caused tendrils of smoke to issue from my mouth. That is a rather disconcerting sight! I go back in three weeks to get the post and crown installed.

<< Home