My Two Weeks in a Fog
Greetings, Gate! How's the Vout? Very o-roonie, I hope!
Put the dearth of posts down to being horse latitudes of work overload and a lot of fog. We're three people down at work which has made for some fairly frazzled situations. Despite the plethora of sharp objects scattered around the store, no one vented their frazzlement on other co-workers or customers.
Gate, you may remember that I was given a set of keys to the store while L. was away. That heavy burden of responsibility has been lifted from me as L. has returned. So now we're down only two co-workers and those two are expected back by the middle of next week.
Most of last week was spent within the interior of a dense fog that engulfed the area. Beautiful down town P.A. looked like a ghost town. Twice the sun came out and burned the fog off and then it was quite nice. But the rest of the time it was fog-o-roonie and I kept expecting to see Edmund O'Brien or even Bogart and Sidney Greenstreet roaming around.
Things happened, Gate, but what they were, I don't remember. "I got up and came to work." as we say at the store.
A few items:
I purchased a third Maxfield Parrish print. I now have three, so I suppose you could say that I'm a collector. I'd like one more to balance out the wall, but I'm in no hurry to acquire the fourth just now.
I also picked up a new addition to my collection of Roseville pottery. This is a four inch vase in the Jonquil pattern from the early 30s. I love Roseville from the late 20s to the early 30s and Jonquil is one of their obscure patterns. This vase does have its problems: there's a long hairline crack down one side and there's two large flakes from the rim. These can be repaired, though, and a restoration job brings the value up to 70% of the original value.

<< Home