Lomography
Greetings, Gate!
My friend in Taiwan, William, recently purchased a Holga plastic camera and has been sharing some of the photos he's taken with it. I have to admit to being a bit puzzled at first, but after looking at his photos and then some of the photos on the Lomography site I thought "Vout!" and "Mac-skooto!" I tossed in an "O-roonie!" for good meausre.
When I was taking photography lessons years ago in Dallas, a girl in the class purchased a plastic Russian camera, a Kiev, I think. It was $75 which at the time was a lot of money for me, so I never pursued it. I remember her photos have a slightly distorted, high contrast look with vignetting around the corners of the image. Since she took photos of people in tightly closed spaces ... I remember one shot of people sat in the back seat of a taxi ... there was this Weegee-like quality to them.
I didn't realize that these plastic Russian cameras were so popular! I'm thinking about acquiring a Holga deluxe set and immortalizing Beautiful downtown P.A. Holga-style!

<< Home