From the Journal of Mysterioso
One of the good things about carrying a journal around with one is the ability to record on-the-spot thoughts that one might otherwise forget as the days rolls along. This immediate reportage can later be transferred to,s ay, one's blog later on.
"I spoke with the Money behind the IBB earlier and she admitted that the Queen Bee has not got a clue when it comes to running a business and that C's new coffeehouse will be the end of the IBB. The Money looked aghast when I told her that C planned to serve organic baked goods and have organic coffee. "The IBB is dead meat" the Money said. She has only just found out that the bakers have quit and the Queen Bee never felt the need to mention this rather vital piece of information sooner. "I'm just the investor" the Money said, but one would think that, as the investor, she had some pull ... or perhaps she really doesn't care."
"As I suspected, the Coldplay concert button which was on the front counter belonged to Martha. Seeing her go tripping down the street (and she's the kind of girl who does go tripping downt he street) toward the IBB, I called over there and said "Did you lose your Coldplay button?" A few minutes later she came over to reclaim it. "I don't think I should wear it on the strap of my purse any more. That's the second time I've lost it." We briefly discussed the plastic (or rubber) clogs that have become so popular lately and agreed that: they're rather ugly, guys shouldn't wear them, on certain girls they look cute and add a sort of European elfin charm. Coldplay button securely safely within her purse, Martha departed, tripping off to somewhere else."
"The Festival Director asked me: How do you know all of this? Well, it's a small town and an especially small downtown area and being where I am I meet a lot of people. I also see them at other venues. Some careful listening long witht he right questions and information flows back and forth. In my own way I have become a commodities broker for information."

<< Home