Private Lives and Workplace Drama
I make no excuses for my own bilious private life, but I try not to inflict my own woes, such as they may be, on the people I work with. Unfortunately, not everyone follows my sterling example and the result is a disturbing display of Workplace Drama. Its been going on for over a week now and its getting annoying. If it isn't the private lives of co-workers causing uproar, its the fiscal freak outs of the B.O.S.S. Raises are all well and good, but raises wouldn't put such a strain on the payroll if they were given twice a year in small increments. And one isn't going to save much money by asking some of the lowest paid people to take a day off in the last week of the slowest month of the year. But obsessions with the bottom line frequently don't make much sense.
So that's that.
The Artistic Girl came in yesterday. I like her. She wears gloves that match her handbag. No kidding! There's a good deal of mock formality with an underlying current of Bertie Wooster-ism in our encounters.
Because I am Doing My Part to Preserve the Integrity of the Payroll, I left an hour early. I ended up downstairs and had a very interesting conversation with M the Restranteur. Even with two of Miss A's martinis (I have either acclimated myself to her martinis or she's toning them down) I was able to hold a lucid conversation and when I left I wasn't reeling around the streets.
Returning home I found three new Mosher books awaiting me.

<< Home