If Three Were Four
As far as drinking martinis goes, I can see where things can get muddled after the fifth or sixth martini. But there shouldn't be much, if any, fuzziness about the third or fourth martini. Which is why I suspect I had three very strong martinis last night, not four. I'm pretty sure I didn't have four martinis, but I was so far gone I may have.
I had no intentions of going so far down the drain, especially after having a large lunch downstairs. By the time we ended up at the IBB I was so far gone that it was clear I shouldn't attempt driving home. M. said he was feeling highly inebriated from just the one paisley martini he had. "I think she made those martinis a little too strong. " This comes from someone who can down three scotch on the rocks and feel nothing.
After leaving birthday messages on D's answering machine, one went something like:
"D! It is your birthday! Therefore banish weighty care and dull perurbation ..."
I decided I'd better have some dinner, so back downstairs I went and had the Braised Beef. It was really darned good. I felt much better and returned home about nine to find boxes of books awaiting me.

<< Home