Tuesday, March 29, 2005

In Which Various Events Randomly Occur

Today, Devoted Reader, will be a day to go down in the annals of history. Like the day the steam engine was invented or the Magna Charta was signed or ... the Day David Dingo Met With the Senators and Saved Social Security.

Yes, David Dingo, our own pro bono attorney (I believe that means he has a few U2 cds) about town, is meeting with Senator Patty Murray ... and someone else ... to confer over the Social Security problem. I don't know about you, Jack, but I can feel the relief already.

In the Dingo's own words: "I'm meeting with some Senators about Social Security tomorrow, so I'm practising kissing up. It's been real." The Dingo was fashionably attired in his white cowboy boots and white scarf around his black cowboy hat.

A Musical Joke:

M. told me this amusing joke yesterday:

Knock, knock ...
who's there?

Knock, knock ...
who's there?

Knock, knock ...
who's there?

Philip Glass.

... The question isn't so much are J. and Z. back together again (they are), it's: why do they insist on inflicting themselves on the rest of us?