Sunday, March 27, 2005

Take a Pill When You Are Ill

One of the drawbacks of My Place of Work is that customers bring their varied illnesses into the the store and spread their contagion about like so many Typhoid Marys. One of my co-workers was down with some mysterious disease earlier in the week and now I'm dealing with some part of it. Urgh.

Fortunately, the mail brought several wonderful books by Thomas B. Mosher and a very early copy of The Colophon magazine for me to peruse while languishing in a state of ill-feeling. I'll post at greater length about those in the near future.

Two Fortunes:

You will find excitement in your working life.

You have a quiet and unobtrusive nature.

Last weekend I watched The English Patient again. I hadn't seen it in years and years and finally decided to pick up the dvd. It is a wonderful, wonderful film. Somewhere, buried in the depths, I have a first edition hardback of the novel. For those who might be curious about the real Count Almassy, there is this article on the mysterious Count's background.