Scenes From the Cocktail Party
IBB and CA employees met downstairs for a cocktail soiree last night. This event was partially inspired by those at the IBB hearing about how loaded I was at the CA Christmas party (For those that missed that exploit: Three martinis on an empty stomach is not a good thing. Reeling down the corridor to the Palm Room is not a good thing. "I thought you were just getting primed for the party!" said M. ) and partially by the fact that K. keeps telling us all about the very nice clothes she has which we never see. Besides, they wanted to go to M's for a change. So this turned into quite a Swingin' Affair, we were all dressed up, well, some of us.
K. looked stunning in her black cocktail dress. M. looked natty in his new suit and tie(s) recently acquired from Goodwill. L. couldn't find a working sewing machine to alter the vintage blue cocktail dress she purchased. D. couldn't tie a tie, so M. did that for him. K. forgot about the cocktail party and so forgot to dress up. I wore: narrow legged black Levis, black button-down shirt, narrow black and silver tie (vintage), sky blue double-breasted sharkskin blazer.
M. said to me: "You have the air of someone who is dressed up, even when you're not. Except when you wear your trenchcoat. Then you look like a character out of a film noir."
I purchased two disposable cameras, one black and white, the other colour, and documented the soiree. We'll see how they turn out. Being disposable, I am not expecting much still, it was fun.
Everyone had three cocktails and no one got smashed. K. stuck with Cosmopolitans, D. with some gin drink, M. varied with a Manhattan, a Paisley Martini and scotch on the rocks. I had my usual three dry martinis, a glass of water and two cups of coffee.
M. joined us later and told us about the haunted part of the restaurant.
We left about 9.30. K. said "I so want to do tis again!" And no doubt we will.

<< Home