Goodbye, Hunter S. Thompson
It's all over the web today, Gate, but I read it in my friend William's blog first. Hunter S. Thompson committed suicide over the weekend. How sad.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The consensus of opinion regarding Thompson's suicide is that while people are shocked at the sudden way in which HST checked out, no one is very surprised that it happened. "It's clear he had a lot of demons." L. said. "Well, I never expected him to die peacefully in his sleep from old age." J. said.
Apparently he was in the midst of writing a new book, too.
*~*~*~*~*
There's a plethora of articles about HST, his suicide and his journalistic legacy. It should surprise no one that Fox News and the Cato Institute are calling him a drug-addled hack. There are also the articles going too far the other way, praising HST in far too grandiose a way. This article is the best of what I've read so far.

<< Home