Gin: The Reprise
"You're turning into an alcoholic, Paul!" said K. when I told her that I was going downstairs to have another martini, this time with my co-worker, L. I knew my limits, not having had a proper lunch ... lunch today consisted of one sugar cookie, and a heart-shaped espresso brownie ... so I only had one martini.
"You're a walking gossip column!" said my co-worker, L. when I told her about the new twist on the Upstairs D. situation. "How do you find all this out?" I have my sources! Seriously, you'd be surprised how much I do pick up and from whom.
"She had such interesting handwriting. I should have asked if she was single!" said J. to me after the Attractive Lawyer had left Retroville. I saw the cheque ... the Attractive Lawyer did have interesting handwriting.
On a very positive note, I had my hours upped to an even 40 a week and I'm told I'm scheduled for a raise. Coolness!

<< Home