Friday, September 17, 2004

Gone With the Gin

I was released from work at the ridiculously ealry hour of 4.30 and rather than just go home I decided to just go downstairs and have a cocktail at Michael's Restaurant. I really don't like drinking by myself, but I did it just the same and L. said she might join me after the store closed. I had a Paisley Martini which is a basic martini with a shot of scotch in it. I ran into my boss D. who joined for a drink while he was waiting for some friends to join him for dinner. One martini turned into two and pretty soon I was meeting up with most of the First Street people. If I didn't have so far to drive home I probably would've stayed for another martini. I was also introduced to Michael's new employee S. and met up with D. and R. So it was quite the convivial setting. L. never did show up, but that was okeh.

On my way to my car I met up with K. , M. and H. I nearly dropped my umbrella greeting H.

Thus was the evening spent, dear Gate.