Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Random Accidents on First Street

I'm not sure just what it is about First Street lately, but there have been a couple of freaky accidents that have alternately blocked up the street for hours and shut a business down for the day.

The first occurred yesterday morning. A guy in an Audi was parallel parking. An 18-wheeler stopped to let him complete his manuevre and a garbage truck rear-ended the 18-wheeler. The guy in the Audi was oblivious to the accident. It took nearly three hours for the garbage truck and the 18-wheeler to be moved off.

Today, across the street from where I work, an ambulance and some kind of fire-paramedic unit suddenly appeared in front of the Italian restaurant. A few minutes later, J. said that C., the early-shift cook, was taken out of the restaurant with a huge bandage on his head. This ultimately resulted in the restaurant being closed for the entire day ... I guess C. does more there than I had originally thought.

Where will the Hand of Doom fall next, dear Gate? Stay tuned for our next installment!