Sunday, June 27, 2004

The Inevitable Fahrenheit 9/11 Post

You knew it was coming, didn't you, Gate?

Actually, I'd really like to see Moore's new film, though I suspect it won't be playing out here. Unless they show it at the Rose Theatre in Port Townsend. Yesterday I was glancing through Moore's book Dude, Where's My Country and while I don't think I'll buy it ... new, at any rate ... what I read was pretty interesting and amusing.

Here's an interesting article from Salon via Powells Books website on the right wing goofs who are trying to have Fahrenheit 9/11 whacked but are only stirring up popular interest in the film.

Are you familiar with the Ray Bradbury/Fahrenheit sub-controversy, Gate? Apparently Bradbury is annoyed about Moore's adaptation of Bradbury's anti-censorship classic Fahrenheit 411 for Moore's anti-Bush film. Well, annoyed might be too mild a word as Bradbury seems to have gone over to the right-wing dark side in his elder years and he's decrying the "blatant thievery" of Moore. That's ironic coming from a writer who "borrowed" the title of one of his classic sci-fi books, I Sing the Body Electric, from Walt Whitman!