Sunday, June 20, 2004

Yet More For the Gorey Collection

Greetings, Gate!

Here are two recent additions to my Gorey first edition collection:

The Unstrung Harp; or, Mr. Earbrass Writes a Novel ~ 1953, Duell, SLoan & Pearce, second printing.

The Vinegar Works: Three Volumes of Moral Instruction
~ The Gashlycrumb Tinies ~
~ The Insect God ~
~ The West Wing ~


~ 1963, Simon and Schuster, SC. The slipcover shows the usual edge wear and corner bumps and probably fall into the good/ good minus categorey. The books themselves are in great condition, with slight touches of wear on the spines. All in all, a nice set to own, Gate.

Dancing Cats & Neglected Murderesses ~ 1980, Workman Publishing

I'm coming to the conclusion that I should try to acquire all the early Gorey firsts that I can, or that are affordable. I'm setting my sights next on The Fatal Lozenge, The Sopping Thursday and then the first two Amphigorey books.