Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fortunes and Ennui

My apologies, Devoted readers, about the paucity of posts lately. Unfortunately I seem to be going through a down period right now and find everything less than satisfactory. As Robert Johnson said "It's all goin' downward" or as Moby said "Everything is wrong." I will probably withdraw from social activities for the remainder of the month. (10/13: I realize what a dumb thing this was to have said. Nevermind.)

I had an indifferent Chinese dinner with two local Devoted Readers. Granted, we arrived shortly before closing time but I still found the meal indifferent. Or perhaps that is a reflection of my current mood. At least it was warm and soaked up the alcohol ... and there were fortune cookies!
The others were indifferent to their fortunes but for me they were one of the hgih points of the evening.

You will be presented with several good opportunities.

You will be happy socially and in your work.

You will learn something new today.