Monday, October 03, 2005

La Melodia De Nuestro Adios

With the advent of fall comes a certain melancholy. The days shorten, a chilled wind blows, leaves wither and fall from the trees. Lately I've been hearing that some of my friends will be leaving the area, some to go to school, others because their job will take them to other cities and some whose jobs will no longer exist after the New Year. Usually I'm the one that leaves after making friends, but now it appears that the tables have been turned and I shall be the one to remain while many of my friends go elsewhere.

As much as I would like to make a lateral transfer from my current job to Something Better, I am very glad that I did not end up at the Bag Manufacturer's establishment. My friend Teresa's job will be moving over to Seattle and she is uncertain whether she should follow it over there, even though she has no interest in the job, or quit and go back to school. Mike, my other friend from the Bag Manufacturer's, will lose his job entirely. Frankly, I'm glad I didn't end up there ... it seemed very good, but there are underlying tensions which make what I go through look like nothing. At any rate, I'll be sad to see my two friends leave.

Crime Spree: Word reaches me that there has been a rash of break-ins in the down town area. Even the IBB has been hit yet again. Could this crime spree have anything to do with the return of that Urban Camper known as the Victorian Convict? I shall keep my ears open for the latest, Devoted Readers!

That Shakespeherian Rag: its so elegant, so intelligent! In my acting class we are to select a monologue from Shakespeare which is the opposite from the modern monologue we are doing. Thus, parenthetically: in my case, if we are doing a modern comedy, we are to select a Sheaskpearian tragedy. Jace wants me to go against type, so Richard III or Hamlet is out. Only seasoned Shakespearian actors can do King Lear, though I might be able to pull off one of Kent's monologues. Jace loaned me a copy of Othello, telling me to look over the monologues of Iago, and I procured a copy of Coriolanus. Iago certainly has some good monologues, especially as he truly loathes Othello with every fibre of his being. Coriolanus also has a good monologue or two, but he is quite different since he is such a one note character. It would be interesting to add some depth to him. You shall be apprised, Devoted Readers, of what further transpires.