Monday, October 03, 2005

The (Poetry) Group

I know that certain Devoted Readers are waiting, no doubt breathless with anticipation, for my review of last Thursday's (poetry) group meeting. For my own part, the events of that night are such a confused muddle of poetry and metaphysical mumbo-jumbo ... no kidding!... that I was hard pressed even on Friday morning to put some kind of perspective on the whole thing.

Suffice it to say that Sean, one of the originators of the (poetry) group, will find this very, very far from what he conceived it as being upon his return from Europe. For one thing, the emphasis is no longer strictly on poetry, fiction and non-fiction having been allowed into the group. Second of all, no one could forsee Jace's husband and his dominance, there's no other word, really, of the entire group and its direction. Which is how, I think, we got so far off track last Thursday and into who knows where. So there you have it.