Thursday, July 21, 2005

K. Sub Rosa

Nearly a month ago K., our favourite barista from the IBB, departed fro the wilds of Portland leaving behind her a persistent, mournful wail which time has not entirely abated. The lack of her presence behind the counter at the IBB is deeply felt to this day.

Having given her my address and not having heard from her as the time dragged along on leaden feet, I began to wonder if she'd simply forgotten all about those she'd left behind up here in pursuit of the bright lights and glamourof Portland.

As it turns out, I've heard from Mrs. Psmith tha K. has returned back to P.A. and is keeping sub rosa. Apparently she had a hard time getting a job in Portland which surprises me because you'd think she'd at least be able to get another coffee job and keep up a steady stream of applications and resumes until something better came up ... which, given that its a metropolis, would not take terribly long. I suspect there are other reasons besides what Mrs. Psmith related.

I sent out word via bush telegraph that K. should get in contact with us and that we'd buy her a drink downstairs. I hope she'll reappear.