The French 75
I started Cocktail 101 last night. Since I don't have my alcohol awareness card yet all I could do was stand behind the bar with Miss M. and Miss V. and watch Michael make cocktails. It seems pretty simple, really. Chill the glass, two ounces of this, an ounce of that, a dash of something else, shake, pour (dump the ice out of the glass first), add appropriate garnish. Pretty simple, really. There are receipes for the various house cocktails and several books for the more obscure cocktails. I'm to go back this Saturday for a couple of hours, though I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing. Tuesday I have to take the alcohol awareness class which I'm told is very simple.
I ended up with a Paisley martini, a Manhattan and a scotch on the rocks. Miss V. had a Long Island Iced Tea with blue Curacoa. I had a sip. Strong but sweet, which I don't care for. Miss M. made a French 75 and from the ingredients ... cognac, sugar, lime and champagne ... I was certain I wouldn't care for it at all. I had a sip and you know, it wasn't bad at all. It was dry and strong. Now that I like!
I had a short conversation with Miss V. She's nice. In fact, she's radiant. But there wasn't the intellectual click. I got the impression that she doesn't read a great deal.
After Cocktail 101 I went over to the IBB and met up with M. and K. M. and I went over to the bookstore and who should we meet up with there but David Dingo who was holding forth at great length about this and that. M's way of dealing with the Dingo is to refute anything he says with statements such as "I don't think so," or "You're confusing me."
Today's fortune: Your luck has been completely changed today.

<< Home