Civilisation Marches On
Greetings, Gate!
I am now over the worst of my illness, but I still sound hoarse and nasal. I've been trying to speak in a lower, breathier tone of voice in the hopes of sounding less like I am recovering from contagion and more mysterious and debonair. I am not sure how successful I was.
The Attractive Girl girl was in again today and I still can't place her accent. She sounds like she's from the U.K., but it's a very subtle accent and so I am wondering if she's from Wales or perhaps the south of England. She has very fair skin and brunette hair, but her accent is neither Irish nor Scottish. Well, I suppose I could always ask her the next time she's in.
I registered with the QuirkyAlone forum. What's to lose, right? Unfortunately, they never sent me the key to confirm my registration, so I can't log in and post. Drat. I sent an email to the admin and hopefully this will get sorted out. I've briefly glanced through it, but the QA forum doesn't look as daft as one might have thought.
It's probably not a good idea to pick up the intercom and say: "Yo, homes, 'sup?" as one's boss might be on the other end of the line. Fortunately she thought it was pretty funny. My usual responce to the intercom is "You rang?" My co-workers like to put the intercom on speaker mode so everyone else can hear me say it.
Civilisation does indeed march on and I did my part by having one (you read that right, Jack, one) martini downstairs and then a large Earl Grey tea at the IBB.
And speaking of downstairs, my favourite server is leaving this week. Lunch will truly not be the same without D. I can understand why she's departing, but still ...
The new Retroville is moving streetside this week and it will look awesome!
The first of a wave of books by and about William Morris arrived today:
The Life of William Morris, by J.W. Mackail, Volume One, Longmans, 1899.
Wonderful! Now all I need is Volume Two ...

<< Home