Friday, January 21, 2005

It's 5.10 in the Morning!

Greeting, Gate!

You know, like most of American culture, the comics page of the daily newspapers are corporate dominated pablum. Bland, inoffensive, conformist, badly drawn and not very funny. Where's the surrealism of Little Nemo, the domestic shennanigans of Bringing Up Father, the anarchistic humour of Krazy Kat or the subtle, insightful psychology of Peanuts in today's cartoons? Forget it, Jack, all that caught the night train for the Big Nowhere.

If humour is lacking in today's cartoons, one can still find plenty to mock. I Read the Comics So You Don't Have To is a wonderfully sarcastic blog dedicated to exposing the terrible drawing, the feeble humour and the general malaise of today's cartoons page. Brilliant!

The more I hear about our local Hippie Commune, the less I want to go there. Not that I was ever that keen on visiting the Commune to begin with. K., who has visited the Commune a couple times, and I are wondering just what do these Hippies do with their kids? A. and G. both have kids, but you never, ever, see them. It's very peculiar.