Thursday, January 27, 2005

A Post Fueled By Two Martinis

Greetings, Gate! Those Devoted Readers and friends of mine will know that once I am released early from work I am most likely to head downstairs for a martini or two made by the Ever Cool Mister D. Indeed, Devoted Readers will have noted a dearth of posts in reference to my Martini habit and my friendly enablers downstairs. The paucity of posts in this regard may be attirbuted to my endlessly changing schedule which no longer allows for an early-out on Friday. Now my early-out seems to be on Thursday. Any excuse for a very dry Martini will do.

I wonder if starting the morning in conversation with an extremely bitter person is a good thing. I like C. and generally enjoy talking with him, but brother is he bitter. About living in Beautiful down town P.A., his job, his life, everything. I did learn some interesting facts about the C.F. Not only are all the help swapping prescription and non-prescription medications, legal and otherwise, there has been a huge robbery and an inside job is suspected. The dysfunctional state of the C.F. may rival that of the rat-infested B.I. just up the street, where the servers alternately backstab and sleep with one another. Their food is crap anyway, nevermind the rats.

Speaking of dysfunctional, I was given the url to the blog of one young lady who works across from the IBB and who is dating the owner's son. I suspected she was a bit wacky and it turns out I am right. Her blog is filled with a few entries of the "Oh My God" type. I confess that I snickered.

Devoted Readers may remember that a while ago I was casting about for a book to read. I began reading Anne Carlisle's Liquid Sky. Carlisle wrote the screenplay for and starred in the epynomous film of the early 80s. I tried my best, but I frankly couldn't get into the herky-jerky writing style that seemed to be going nowhere fast. I remember back in '86 or so my then-girlfriend and I rented the film. I remember it being fairly obtuse and had something to do with aliens and Club Kids. When the film was over, my then-girlfriend turned to me and said "Why did you make me watch that?"

Now I am reading the Nibelunglied.