Monday, January 10, 2005

Today Being Monday

Greetings, Gate!

The snow and ice has melted a bit, at least in the lower elevations, and the highway is clear. I was able to go to work today, but I was rather happy to have a three day weekend, albeit and unscheduled one. Depending on where they lived, people either got dumped with snow or no snow at all. The difference of a hundred feet had a lot to do with how much snow one got, which is interesting in a purely trivial way.

K. and O. came into the store today. They make a very unusual couple ... I'm assuming coupling has occurred ... but then I suspect most couples look unusual to others.

I'm in a quandry over what book to read next. Not that I lack books, and goodness knows there's a huge pile of unread books lying in wait, it's just which book to read next that puzzles me.

Tonight's fortune reads:

You will soon develop a new interest.

I say! I wonder what the new interest might be?