Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spreading the Toy Camera Love



This weekend I loaded my Diana camera with Kodak Portra colour film and headed out to Port Townsend for another photographic expedition. My intention was to photograph some of the spaces and places I had photographed before in B&W as well as places and spaces I had not photographed before. I wanted a mix of the familiar and the unfamiliar so that I could judge whether colour film might something I'd want to pursue further or whether I would stick with B&W.

To the left is one of the weekend's colour photos and more can be seen on my Flickr page. Clearly, colour photography, expecially with the Diana, is something I'll be actively pursuing! The colours are saturated and vivid and somehow rather dream-like. I'm very impressed! The 160 speed film was perfect for bright afternoon sun. I'm happy!

And happily spreading the toy camera love, too. Yesterday afternoon, Sarah from the IBB, came into my place of work to show me her new Holga 120N. Swellegant! Princess Rainy is also thinking about acquiring a Holga. Spread that toy camera love!