Further Diana Camera Adventures

After last week's cold, wintry weather, it was wonderful to witness the re-appearance of that glorious lamp of heaven, the sun. Despite the sun, it was still rather chilly Saturday so I satyed home, read through a marvellous chess manual from 1915, played through a chess game of Paul Morphy's and generally speaking did very little.
Sunday, however, the sun holding out against a threatened stormy frontal system, I ventured over to Port Townsend with my Diana camera, taped up and ready to go. There were one or two things I wanted to re-photograph and photographic inspiration lies within a few blocks of the Water Street area. Besides, I have a Muse now, so what could go awry? Nothing.
The best photgraphs were of the water at the wharf. I also found this remarkable piece of street art! I've posted these on my Flickr page and if you click Flickr badge on the lower right, below the Red Hot Pawn badge, you can see the rest of Sunday's photos. I'm very pleased with the water photos ... the water was a translucent emerald green with the sunlight playing on it. Would these images look better or more interesting if they'd been in colour? I'm considering acquiring another Diana for the purposes of taking colour images.
Speaking of photographs, soon my images will be seen in several local venues. In early June eight to ten of them will be on display at Catherine's new coffeehouse, Michael expressed an interest in displaying some of them and now Jeanette wants some for the latest version of Retroville! The local winery is having a photo contest for two of their new wines: they're looking for photographs of the local area to be featured on the labels. I plan to enter that ... and now that I look at the calendar, I realize that I need to get cracking on that contest as well as these photo displays.
My photo-book project creeps along. I need to get going on that, too. While I was in Port Townsend, I met the local bookbinder at Karen's antiquarian bookstore. Karen mentioned my book project and the bookbinder said she'd like to see it when it's finished. I've acquired three books on bookbinding, decided on the paper I want to use, so now all I have to do is get the reprints made, buy the material and supplies ... and get cracking.

<< Home