Sunday, February 26, 2006

In Which I Become Mercurial


Devoted Readers may be in a state of perplexity as to my elusiveness in recent days (at least I hope you have been!). It's not been for a lack of anything to post, but rather that I inadvertantly made myself sick from Mercury poisoning.

The story begins back in 1982 when I had dental work done on my back right molar. The dentist did a root canal and used amalgam to create a crown. All seemed well until my latest round of dentistry this summer when I was having my abcessed canine tooth replaced with a post and porcelain crown. My current dentist took one look at this whack of amalgam in my mouth and expressed deep dismay. "That," he said, "is coming out. Even in '82 they should have known better."

Lately I've been doing a series of detoxifying cleanses, something I highly recommend, and I decided last weekend to begin the heavy metal cleanse. I realize now that I should have waited until my amalgam filling was removed, but at the time I didn't think anything of it and proceded with the cleanse. By Tuesday I felt something was wrong. By Wednesday I knew something was wrong. My temperature would rise to fever levels and then drop down to normal or below, I had a hard time concentrating and keeping focused and, worst of all, I began to taste this dreadful metallic taste and feel some oily substance oozing out of that amalgam filling. I realized that this heavy metal cleanse was working all too well, having found a non-stop source of toxic heavy metal which it was returning to my system. So I stopped the cleanse and now I'm feeling much better. The amalgam filling is due to be removed at the end of next month.

I was so whacked and loopy Wednesday that there was no way I could go to acting class. At least I told Jace that I couldn't make it, which is more than I can say for Rose and Jeremiah who, I found out the next day, did not show up and did not even call with excuses. So in answer to the question I posed a while ago, the acting class is ... not to be. While I'm willing to carry on, there's only so much that I can do as one person and I'm missing a great deal by not having another person or persons to act with. Thursday evening I saw Jeremiah briefly and mentioned that the class was, for all intents and purposes, finito. He was quite shocked. Apparently Rose was out of town and he thought we were not meeting until this Wednesday. So it sounds like wires got crossed, miscommunication ensued and Mercury did not trine with Mars (or did). Jace said she would be willing to carry on with the class provided people show up and do some work toward class. I suggested that, rather than do scenes from a long play for which we don't have the proper number of people, we do a small one-act play and that she ask Rose and jeremiah just what they want to get out of the class. So, one never knows, do one?

I am in the process of working on a limited edition handmade book of my Diana camera photographs. So far I have eleven images. I'd like a twelfth for an even number, but I'll settle for eleven. My negatives came back from my Portland/Centralia trip and I was very happy with the results. I've created a Flickr account, so you can drop by and have a look at the collected Diana camera photos!

Quotable: You're so stylish. I stand still just to watch you pass by on the street.