The Rose and Jeremiah Show
Rose and Jeremiah are a pair of cut-ups, I tell you. There's never a dull moment with those two. When I went downstairs for lunch Rose was singing off-key Christmas carols to annoy Jeremiah. After I was seated Rose breezed by, no longer singing Christmas carols, and I told her that I liked her socks. She was wearing a pair of lavender argyle knee socks which matched her top. I once had argyle socks, but that is neither here nor there. Rose was delighted by the compliment. "Could you say that a little louder, please? A certain someone needs to hear that." Jeremiah merely groaned and sat down at the table. Apparently Rose had been fishing for a compliment on her socks all morning long and Jeremiah was steadfastly refusing to rise to the bait, or challenge.
Jeremiah and I chatted for a bit and I took the opportunity to ask him what he thought of my monolgue performance the other week. As Devoted Readers may remember, he has not seen any of my work. I was also curious as to what he thought because he has a vast amount of acting experience having co-founded the PT Shakespeare Festival. So his opinion matters to me. As it turned out, he was full of praise for my efforts, nerve-wrought as they were. "You did very good," he said. "I think you're a natural actor. My only criticism would be that you need to slow down a bit and allow yourself to breathe properly so the lines flow better. Your delivery was excellent, even though you were nervous." He was quite surprised when I said I'd never acted before.
Later Rose began singing a song about Hawaii. "I have a song for all 50 states," she daid. "I'd like to hear your song about Rhode Island," I said. "I don't have a song about Rhose Island," she replied. "In fact, I really only have songs about 10 states." "Well, one-fifth is not bad," I said.
I left only to return in mere minutes with the mail. Rose and Jeremiah were still at it. They're a couple of cards, believe me.

<< Home