Monday, November 14, 2005

Dreams

During my illness I've been having the most peculiar dreams. I attribute this to the medication I was taking and a diminishment of oxygen intake ... seriously, there were times when I thought I was going asphixiate during the night! I should have written them down as they were all very odd, but when one is ill one tends not to think of that.

This is representitive of my dreams during my illness ... and I only remember fragments of it: Somehow or other I came in possession of an old VW bus, the boxy hippie bus from the 60s you still see on the road today. The exterior and interior were in fine condition, but when I started the bus and turned on the lights, the battery died. I had to make arrangements to have it fixed.

As I was waiting for the bus to get fixed, I ended up in an old multi-storied office building which looked like it belonged in the Soviet Union and which had seen much better days. The elevator being out of order, I was forced to go and down a series of back stairs in search of some office. I couldn't find the office, but I did find a pay phone and, using a device to disguise my voice, called a doctor's office and left cryptic messages regarding Buddy Holly.

I am uncertain whether the VW bus was ever fixed or not.