Fashion News and More
Devoted readers have no doubt been curious as to the latest trends in fashion for the tres chic Parisienne. I know that I certainly have and therefore it follows, as the night the day, that Devoted Readers must be as well. So as to assuage your burning curiosity, I present the following Fashion News as it was related to me by the Pretty Interior Decorator, recently returned from Paris.
Current Parisian Fashions: Pour La Femme
Colours: Mademoiselle is favouring these tres elegant colours this season: pumpkin orange, olive green, turquoise and black.Jeans: Ubiquitous and considered a fashion staple. Mademoiselle is tucking her jeans into her boots this season for that daring hint of oo-la-la.
Shoes: Speaking of boots, La Parisienne is favouring stiletto heels on either her boots or pumps and pointed toes are considered tres chic right now. Cowboy boots are also a great favourite, especially tucked into her jeans for that Modern American In Paris look. Other types of boots and flats are favoured, as well.
Skirts: Devoted Readers should know that Mademoiselle's hemlines are long this season and in the peasant style (whatever that exactly is). Skirts are very in this season and considered indespensible next to jeans (I suppose that goes without saying).
La Motifs de la Parisienne Fashion: Ruffles, puckered whats-its, tied this-and-that, fabric is on everything, buckles on boots. (No, this is not a code.)
Hairstyles: With all this attention to style and detail you can hardly expect the Modern Parisienne to have much time for her hair. Of corse not. So Mademoiselle is simply pulling her hair back into a ponytail or up (you will no doubt understand what that means), and adorning her tresses with a simple barette or colourful ponytail thingy.
There you have it. Straight from an unimpeachable source so far as fashion is concerned.
Speaking of fashions, I was in Silverdale at the J.C. Penney store being in woeful need of socks (one hates to admit this, really). Having procured a sufficient number of socks to stand me in good stead for a while (until they wear out at the heel, that is. I'm very hard on socks.) , I wandered around and found some nifty blazers. If there's one thing I am a sucker for, it's a nifty blazer. This is a dark brown, almost black, with subtle blue and maroon stripes. Cut in the English style, that is: narrow at the waist, with somewhat narrow, sharply angled lapels and nice hefty buttons. It has a subtle 1930s look. For an off-the-rack blazer it fit me extremely well and since it was on sale, I decided to buy it.
And since we're on the subject, my acting class is taking on the aspects of a fashion show in that I am to begin assembling costume elements for the variuos characters I am working on.

<< Home