In Which I Mention Lemony Snicket
Turn about being fair play, it is now time to mention Lemony Snicket and his marvellous Series of Unfortunate Events: especially as the 18th of October is the release date for Book Twelve!
While magical offspring attending wizard prep school are not to my taste (see previous posting) ... unless the instructors were Aleister Crowley, G.I. Gurdieff and Samantha Stevens ... three orphans, for whom very little ever goes right, pursued by a nefarious villain are to my taste. And if we're to believe that Harry Potter is loaded with Deep Meaning and Symbolism, it is beyond question that Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events is, indeed, loaded with Deeper Meaning and Symbolism as this site clearly demonstrates. While scanning through the references around the middle of the series you will see the name Paul mentioned frequently. This is me.
I was unaware that the Series of Unfortunate Events is considered Steampunk. You may, as I did, be wondering just what Steampunk is. Fortunately, Wikipedia gives us the lowdown.

<< Home