A Capitalist's Progress
Greetings, Gate! The o-roonie, Jack is very vout around these parts. Let me pull your coat to the scene:
I've sold my fifth piece of Roseville pottery from my cabinet at Retroville. This was a small ewer in the Freesia pattern, about six inches tall. I put $160 on it, which is below the book value. A local couple came in separately and one thought the price tag read $60 and the other thought it read $100. This afternoon when they came in together they read the price right and freaked out. So my friend J. called me at work and asked if I'd take any less. I said I'd take $140 at the lowest because it was such a nice piece but that it was below book value to begin with. Later in the evening A., J's daughter who works downstairs, told me that the piece had sold. I asked her if it was the same people who'd been in earlier today and it was. Obviously they'd had a change of heart. I'm not sure whether I've ended up with $140 or $160, but either way I'm quite happy.
This evening's fortune cookie had this within it: "You will be fortuanate in the opportunities presented to you."
Christmas songs sung by Ella Fitzgerald are wonderful.

<< Home