Return of the Son of Bibliomania
Greetings, Gate!
Today brings two new acquisitions to my library.
First, an addition to my ever expanding collection of Edward Gorey books:
Cat-e-Gor y, 1986, Adama Books. First editions of this book were extremely limited and thus extremely rare. The Adama Books edition is a reprint but even so it's a hard one to come by. Within we find fifty drawings of Gorey cats engaged in typically cryptic behaviour.
Next we have a German book on Art Nouveau:
Jugendstil, 1984, Art Book International. My friend and former employer Jeanette found this book for me. A friend of hers had the book forever, well since 1984 one presumes, and was going to cut the numerous illustrations out to frame. "Don't do that!" said Jeanette "I know someone who will buy it!" One look at the cover and I knew I had to have it. So what if the text is all in German ... the book features works by Will Bradley, Aubrey Beardsley, Toulouse Lautrec, Ludwig Hohlwein and Julius Klinger among many other notable Art Nouveau graphic artists. A beautiful, beautiful book.

<< Home