Do You Have the Key?
Greetings, Gate! It's times like these that I'm glad I'm the low guy on the totem pole and not in a position of big time responsibility ...
So after hanging out at the coffee shop in the morning with the Morning Crowd, I head across the street with Julie to the store only to find Eloise, the store accountant, standing on the back porch ... this is not a good sign. She asked if Julie or I had a key to the store because she accidently locked her keys inside. Julie and I don't have keys.
Almost always Linda, the store's assistant manager, is at work a half hour early and is inside the store opening up and doing stuff. This morning, though, she's nowhere to be found. This also is not a good thing. So we sit outside and wait and there's no Linda and we wait some more and there's still no Linda and finally Eloise says she's going somewhere else and then Julie says she's going to call and find out what's going on. I decided to go back to the coffee shop and get another cup of coffee.
As I'm sitting outside talking with Steven, I see Dan, the store manager, drive up the street. He's come with a key I thought, so I go across the street and wait for Dan. Only Dan doesn't show up, either.
Five minutes later, Julie comes back with the key. Linda won't be coming in today because she's hurt her back and Juli V. was supposed to come in and open up for us, only she spaced it out ... so a half hour later we get into the store and open up. Fortunately we didn't have a huge pile up of customers waiting to get in.
Robyn, the store owner, was not happy about the "miscommunication." It'll be interesting to see what, if anything happens from this episode.

<< Home