Tuesday, January 17, 2006

... And the Results Thereof


To the left is one of the photographs I took in Port Townsend with my Diana camera. I got three photos I like out of sixteen exposures, which isn't bad considering that I my intention was to find out if the camera worked, had massive light leaks or other quirks. Art, I felt, would happen along the way.

Despite the fading in the upper right corner, I don't think the camera has any light leaks. I know I didn't wind the roll tightly after the last exposure and I suspect that caused the problems on the right side of the last few exposures. I'll know for certain with the next roll of film.

This photograph was taken in a back alley between a vintage car emporium (it was once a dealership/garage) and the building that houses Karen's antiquarian bookstore and a vintage clothing store. This image could as easily be from Limehouse or Whitechapel in the 1890s as it could from Port Townsend in the XXIst Century.

I'm very pleased with the results from my first roll of film and I'm looking forward to a few sunnier days and another trip to Port Townsend!